For the past three months our lives have been consumed by ballet. At least three times a week but most of the time four they have had rehearsal. With many of them being 3 to 4 hours long. With some longer and some shorter. They have worked sooo hard. Meah is the youngest by almost two years and Tessa is the second to youngest. They jumped in with much older girls and worked extra hard to keep up.
They performed 6 shows in one week. Four for kids that came on field trips to see and senior citizens. Then two BIG shows for the general public and all of their adoring fans. In the last week we spent at least 45 hours at the Convention Hall performing and preparing. And THEY loved every second of it.
Tessa was born with a smile on her face and a love of being the center of attention. She has always loved any kind of performance. From singing in front of aunties and grandparents, talking in primary, dancing hula or school assemblies. She wants to be on the stage.
Meah on the other hand has always been more than happy to sit back and watch her sister shine. Happily watching not being watched. So when it was time this year for the show Jess and I decided that we should really encourage (bribe) Meah to participate also. So we did and she gave in somewhat reluctantly. After the first show they had a lunch break and then were going to perform again later. I was helping Meah change and she looked at me and said "I cannot wait to get back on the stage." She loved it!!!!! The makeup, the glitter, the costumes and especially the applause.
So while I was totally and completely exhausted and stressed out somehow it was all worth it. I have always thought I would be the mother of a bunch of boys hanging out at the soccer field. I don't know how to put on makeup or pack a tutu. Sitting behind the stage while all the moms prep their daughters is pretty much beyond me. But eventually I guess I will figure out all the glitter and eyeshadow. These two worked so hard and did so good. I am so proud of all they put into this performance. I feel like they improved their dance skills a million times. Their self confidence has grown so much. And they are still a week later just walking around with their heads in the clouds.
Not too many of the actual performance pictures turned out but here are a million pictures of my little stars.....





12 comments:
They look beautiful. Somehow, it all becomes worth it when they are so excited and have such a blast. Way to go Beth! Stage Mom extraordinaire. I would've quit at hour 25.
Ahhh...they are so beautiful! I love little girls in dance costumes and makeup! Glad they are enjoying it!!
Ethan says..."ooooohhhh. I love those crowns!"
BET! They look soooooo beautiful! I have been meaning to talk to you about this, btw. It's so cute that they loved it so much and that Meah couldn't wait to get back to the stage. Adorable!!!! I miss you all so much! LOVE YOU!
Wow those costumes are stunning and boy do they look happy dancing! I love being the dancing mom! Way to go girls. It is just as much work for the mom as it is for the girls. So good job to you too Beth.
Nicely done Beth! I can't believe how many hours they put into practicing and performing! That sounds so heavy duty! Your girls look so beautiful in the pictures and I can't believe how long your hair is. You are so hot. P.S. I remember you talking about how you wanted to have all boys. I think you've done rather well for yourself with mostly girls. I'm totally scared of doing hair and all of that.
they are adorable in those costumes! I wish I could have come and seen their performance. Next time invite me! It would be a great excuse to come to Hawaii :)
The dancers look devine. They are sooo beautiful and look like they did a wonderful job. I wish that we would have had access at the exact time to a computer. wanted to see and would love to have seen them perform. have them perform in April for Duane when he comes. love to all terry
Your girls are so beautiful!! Way to hang in there, I am so glad they loved it and that it was all worth it in the end!!! It makes ya feel so happy when your kids are happy.
Oh Beth, your girls are literally breathtaking! Just looking at these pictures made butterflies in my stomache. They are gorgeous!
I love that Meah got over her fear so quickly, nice job girl!
I love all the pics of your cute son too. He is one handsome devil.
What a beautiful family! And what lucky babies to have such a wonderful mom.
Loves!!
Signe started dance in January and love it also. It is so cute to watch them learn their dances. Your girls looked fabulous and I am sure they dance wonderfully too. Girls are fun, but then I wouldn't know the difference:)
Hey Beth...you thought you would have all sons and be at the soccer fields all the time and I thought I would have only daughters and be at hula and dance classes and recitals! Good job hanging in there for 3 months of practicing. I'm sure the girls did a fabulous job and I wish I could have seen just one performance! Sorry I missed it!:(
Post a Comment