Monday, October 19, 2009

Tessa's Hoike

Tessa had her Hula Hoike this last weekend. I had so much fun watching I think I even teared up a few times. She loves to be on the stage. She is always just ho hum in practices and then she gets up on that stage and just dances her heart out. She saves it for when all eyes are on her. This is her fourth year of hula and she has really improved so much this year it just amazed me. We are so proud of her.

We were so grateful that Jess' mom and dad were able to be here for it. Tessa was so glad to have more eyes to be watching her. I am sorry to say that I didn't get any pictures of Tessa with her grandma and grandpa (I know I know I am a horrible daughter in law) my mind was not with me this weekend. But I got plenty pictures of my Tessa. I know there are a million I really did cut a lot. I promise.









Before the show.



Tessa and her BFF's

Getting ready to go on













Costume change. Thank heavens we had Uncle Nick to help make the skirts and flowers.
















This is after the thousandth time us moms had said wait one more.




The stage moms








The pictures are horrible because the tent was red.






The princesses eating there kalua pork and chicken long rice after the show.

















7 comments:

Kara said...

How fun! I wish I would have grown up doing the hula!! Lucky her!! She is so cute and I can't believe how big she has gotten!

hollyw said...

She is so cute!!!! I love all the pictures.

Andrea L. said...

You have the CUTEST kids! She is absolutely gorgeous - just like her mother. Such fun pictures.

Tracie said...

Dan and I just wanted to congrats Jess on being called as Bishop. Rachelle told us before they left but of course we couldn't say anything yet. We are proud to know you guys and wish we could see you more, Jess' parents are such a joy in our lives, our children just love so much. Thank you for sharing, and good luck with all the many changes taking place in both of your lives right now.

Nickie said...

Wow, she is so beautiful! I love their little hula costumes, I love how they get to wear all the flowers in their hair, she looks amazing.
I always get teary watching my kids do anything, it's ridiculous, my hubby just rolls his eyes at me. We just have too cute of kids!
Love you!

pam said...

While reading this and looking at the pictures, I am reminded of Tessa dancing and singing "Since You Been Gone" when she was barely 3 years old!!! (Remember that? In St. George at your Dad's???) Shawn and I STILL talk about that! She was so adorable ... and she still is. I love your kids! I can't wait to see you guys!!! AAAHHHH! I'm seriously going crazy! I still think you should tell everyone you're coming a few days later and just spend those days with ME! I guess I gave it away by saying it on the blog, hu?! LOVE YOU TONS!

I'm Mindy. said...

Wow..she is so beautiful...and you look great in the picture too!