Thursday, January 13, 2011

Winter Break

Right before Winter Break Braeden went to Oahu for the State Competition for Lego Robotics. They took first place this year in the island competition and were very excited about going to Oahu. Braeden was the handler again this year and did such a great job. We were at the Blaisdell Center in the stands so my camera had to do some major zooming. They had such a great time and I have to be careful what I say about it because he says I make him sound like a dork on the blog.



Christmas this year was one of our best. Jess got quite a few much needed days off between Christmas and New Years. The kids are at such a fun Christmas age. So excited about everything. We opened presents for about two and a half hours. They are spoiled rotten by all their aunties and grandmas. I took very few pictures. None of our Christmas Eve partying.


Braeden got a BB gun. Good idea? hmmmmm ....we shall see.


The Christmas spread.

Jess does not stop working on his days off. (well except for soccer games) So we had the kids slaving away in the yard all break. Here they are clearing out the sweet potatoes. I don't know if you can tell the girls all have on little aprons to work in the yard. Soo funny. Addi came back inside with her apron pockets full of worms.



I received a great gift of the stomach flu for New Years so I missed out on the hiking.



Firecrackers, sparklers, and pop its. Only a few minor burns this year.
And our annual New Year's trip to Dukes. Something like 12 adults and a billion kids. They were all so good. Braeden was sitting with his boys and noticed Meah was not sitting by any kids so he got up and sat by her so she wouldn't feel bad. How sweet is that? I had to document to keep me going on all the other days. :)


And we finally took Braeden to set off his rocket he got for his birthday in MAY!!!! Yes I know we are really really good parents.


3 comments:

I'm Mindy. said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time! What good kids you have...so kind!

hollyw said...

It is so weird to think you guys can actually work in your yard in December!! I have forgotten what the color green outside looks like.

pam said...

I LOVE all the pictures!!!! SO CUTE! I can't believe how old your kids look. I swear they have grown even since we saw you ... what, two months ago? Crazy! Braeden especially looks older. Your backyard looks AMAZING!!! And I absolutely LOVE that Addi came back with worms in her apron pockets. Hahaha! That is the best. Please save her for Jackson. I NEED him to marry her! :)