After what seemed to Tessa as a lifetime of waiting she finally turned 8. She has been sooo excited for this birthday she could hardly stand it.
Tessa is like a sigh of relief. She brings our family so much joy. Problems just roll right off of her. When she has a trial you almost wouldn't know she even noticed because she just stands up takes it and gets over it. Always with a smile on her face.
She has more confidence than anyone I have ever met in my life. She is never afraid to try anything because in her mind she can do it. No matter what it is. Which means things appear to come so easy for her. But really she just looks at everything as something she is great at. She knows how beautiful she is but in turn finds everyone else to be beautiful also. She does not see other peoples good qualities as taking anything away from her good qualities.
She is surprisingly responsible for such a yellow personality. She is often right by my side helping with many of the things I am doing. She loves to help cook and do anything in the kitchen.
She is all about her social life. Whenever I am at the school I just see her surrounded by friends. she makes them so easily wherever we go. She misses her cousins in Utah so much. But cries every time we go to visit because she is going to miss her "cousins" here. She is torn between two places like her mama. : )
We love Tessa so much. She brings such a happy fun spirit to our family. When she is sick or unusually down our whole family is thrown off. It happens rarely and just enough to remind us of how good we have it with her in our family.
Tessa was baptized on Friday. I was worried she was a little more into the day being all about her than the covenant she was making. So all week long I preached to her. I am not sure if I had any effect but I know she knew everything there was to know about it. : ) Braeden and Grandpa Duane spoke and Tessa, Meah and all her girls sang. It was such a short spiritual evening and I am very proud of her. I bawled the whole time I was helping her change while she looked at me like I was kooky. We are so grateful for Grandpa Duane coming all this way and for all our hanai family here. We also really missed all of our family who didn't make it.





12 comments:
Congratulations Tessa! I love the family picture...Meah's posing cracks me up and you don't look like you are 40.
Congrats Tessa! It is great to be eight! I too love the family picture. Such personality!
Yay Tessa! How exciting! she looks so cute in those pictures! When are you guys headed to Utah again??
Congrats! How exciting! She looks beautiful in her white outfit.
We love you Tessa!Wish we could have been there.
congratulations tessa. I cant believe that you are 8. Glad it was such a wonderful day for you and your family
Oh gosh- she is so flippin cute! Miss you! Loves!
Wow she is really growing up. I'm so sad we couldn't be there but I'm glad it was a neat time for you. 40!!! give me a break
Awww ... I was totally teary while reading this post. I loved everything you said about Tessa. It's all SO TRUE about her!!! (Btw, I said to Jackson, "that's Tessa", so he kept saying "tessa" and looking up at me. It was adorable!) I think you look SO BEAUTIFUL in the family picture so Braeden's 40 must be young and hot, girl!!! It sounds like it was a great day. I can't wait to hear the details. Call me!!! :)
Such a sweet post, I loved what you had to say about Tessa! I wish I was more like her! I hope she keeps her confidence forever. Your family is gorgeous.
Congrats to Tessa!! That is so exciting, she looks beautiful, as does your whole family!!! It's fun to see a picture of your dad. It brings me back to memories of water baloon launchers.:)
She's so beautiful, and no one throws a party like Hawaiians, I'd stay there if I were you. Plus, it's so hard to go back home where everything reminds you of mom...I know you get my drift there.
Thank you for your comment on my blog, I'm glad to see someone out there is a chunky baby lover too!
I miss you, and love you to pieces!
Post a Comment