Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Aloha Oi Summer Break

For our second to last field trip we headed out to Polihale. Which is at the end of road on the other side of the island from Ke'e (where we went on our first field trip) This is one of my favorite places on earth. It is really HOT on the west side which I love. There is so much sand. The beach is very wide and long with miles of deep deep fine sand. Which of course gets really hot on the toes. The surf comes in really strong here but there is a little spot that the sand has really built up far out and created this natural swimming hole for the kids. It is called Queen's Pond. Braeden and Tessa surfed all day long and Meah and Addi floated around all day.




Surfs Up




Doesn't this picture look like "Uh Meah turn around. Large wave headed your way."


Our temporary home.


How cute is her little bum paddling out









I know this is shocking; Addi relaxing with a cold one.



I feel like a really crappy mom this is the only picture I got of Braeden surfing that day. Sorry bud you know I love you but my chair was so comfortable and my diet coke so good.




Poor Auntie Robin the trials that come from being everyone's favorite.











My favorite picture ever of my kids was right here at this beach 4 years ago. I tried to recreate it but they wanted to go play maybe next time.





At swimming lessons graduation this year Tessa and Meah's class had to swim across the pool to graduate and move on to advanced class. Braeden had to freestyle one way and breast stroke the other way. They all did so good. Tessa and Braeden graduated. Meah did not quite make it. We were very proud of all of them. They all improved so much this summer. Poor Meah was sooo sad and was just bawling when she got out of the water. She is so sensitive. We had a little ceremony at Sunday dinner though and they ALL got medals so she was fine.


















The last week we went up to Anini for the day where our friends were camping. For one last hurrah. We had such a great summer break we are all depressed that it is over. The kids started school last week brown, sun-bleached, and happy. We are counting down the days til next year. And thanks to our Sugar Daddy for slaving away at work all summer while we played our little hearts out. We missed you on all our adventures.










































8 comments:

just shan said...

Maybe next summer we will play together. right? it is always so fun to see your kids. sniff....

miss you huge!!!!

I'm Mindy. said...

A hawaiian summer...honestly what could be better? Looks like you guys had some great times!

Kara said...

I need your kind of summer!! What a good mom you are to go on so many field trips!! Looks like some fun times. Your kids are going to be pro on those surf boards before long!

hollyw said...

Sounds like so much fun! I can't believe school has started again. I was so sad when Hailey started, I swear every year it gets harder to send her back! Your family is so dang darling!! One of these days we really need to come and get a good tan and sun-bleached hair with you guys!

pam said...

So cute. I loved that post. I was all relaxed after reading about your summer. I'm jealous too! :) In a good way, of course!

Love you!

Nickie said...

That's it, I'm moving to Hawaii! That looks way too fun, and I have to agree with the picture of the little surfer bum, how cute!!!
Y'know what's cute too? I think Addi and London have the same swimsuit! I love it, her shoulders don't get burned up.
I love you honey buns, and I miss you. You just look like you are always having a good time!
Give your adorable kids kisses from me, even though they don't know who I am, I'm sure we would get along.
Love you!

ClinTeeny said...

It all looks like so much fun!! I want to surf... I might just have to come and visit.

Shylo said...

What a wonderful summer. I love having the kids home in the summer but they tend to bicker more since they are together 24/7. Maybe if we lived in Hawaii and had awesome beaches and stuff to visit they would be too busy to fight. Guess we better move!