Sunday, September 13, 2009

Meah's Firsts

I have been M.I.A. for a while. Partly because of my USB port and crazy busyness or maybe just sheer laziness. The kids started school clear back in July. (oops!) Meah started Kindergarten. She has been SOOO excited. She did pre school at home with me so she was more than ready to cut the apron strings. Which I think was great because she can be a bit timid and shy but she was so ready to go. I was not so ready to let her go surprise surprise. Braeden and Tessa started a few days before she did and walking them to class everyday she wanted to be starting so badly also. Finally her day came and she was so excited and just as I turned to leave she burst into tears and grabbed on to me for dear life. Oh the pain. She quickly got it under control and when I sneaked back to look at her she was talking happily to the boy next to her. I of course did not get it under control quite as quickly. A month and a half into it and she is still loving it. She is turning out to be quite the perfectionist. We saw signs of this before but she is obsessed with "quality work" much different than her easy going sister. She is doing well but is starting to realize the permanance of the whole thing. :)












Braeden started 4th grade this year and has such a good teacher for his personality. So sweet and nice and easygoing. Thank heavens he needed that so badly. He is in Robotics this year which is taking up A LOT of time. They have been going twice a week after school but are now going four times to get ready for the upcoming competition in November. He loves it so much and is having such a good time with it. He is also playing soccer and has improved so much this year it is amazing. He just loves it. Tessa started 2nd grade and no surprise here she is as happy as can be. Her teacher is a friend of ours which is great. I always volunteered in their classes but since my babysitter went to college I didn't think I would be able to this year but her teacher lets me bring Addi in so I am still able to be there. By day two Tessa had her new group of BFF's in her class and had declared that day "Friendship Day" which meant that they all had to give each other presents. They even came up with a little song to sing to each other. She is hilarious. Ballet started up again and she moved up to Ballet II. She could not be more excited because there are "teenagers" in her class. Oh she loves teenagers. :) And they are working more on the bar which she just loves. She is also in soccer and Jess is her coach. She loves it and when she scored a goal last week she told me "Mom I think that should have counted as two because it was a REALLY hard one." Oh to live in Tessa's world. And in hula she is getting ready for her Hoike in October.

And Meah started her first year of soccer. Having three of them in soccer is totally insane. We are at the soccer field constantly. Meah has totally surprised us by being quite aggressive on the soccer field. Her whole team is really good and they have won every game so far by at least 10 points. At this age the other little girls all want to hold hands, run around, and have snacks. Meah's team is there to WIN!!! It is hilarious. They all have so much fun together. And one of my favorite things in the world is her skinny little legs in those shin guards.








So basically my kids are totally over scheduled. And I spend every second in my car. Sound familiar to anyone? Thank heavens soccer is seasonal.

5 comments:

Kara said...

I hear the more kids you have, the more time in your car!! Maybe I should stop at Ethan!! Looks like they are living it up with a good mom who lets them do lots of fun things. It makes you appreciate all those special things our moms did for us!!

I'm Mindy. said...

Yeah...A update...I was thinking your life must be pretty busy! Boy was a right! I completely understand about living in my car. I do the same!!

hollyw said...

It is so good to hear what you guys are up to! Wow 3 in school all day, you would think life would slow down, but it sounds like it just gets busier because they get involved in more activities. Tell your kids hi!

pam said...

BET! I LOVED the update!!!!! LOVED IT!!! Your kids are adorable and I just can't believe how much they are growing up. I clicked on Meah's soccer pics so I could make them bigger and see her cute face. She totally reminds me of you when we were age. (Except I think she is really sweet and innocent ... and WE weren't!) I love you tons! And I'm glad you're in your car a lot because then we can have our long phone calls!
LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!

Nickie said...

Oh boy, Ethan really wants to get into soccer and London is really wanting to get back into ballet, and of course, they're at different ends of the world y'know?!
Your girls are so gorgeous! I love Meah in her soccer outfit, what a doll, and Tessa as always is just beautiful. Your son is probably a lot like Ethan, I know I've said that before, I think they would get along really well though. I guess we're just going to HAVE to come to Hawaii to see you!
Hang in there busy mommy!
Love you!