Tuesday, May 5, 2009

May Day '09

I just noticed my blog on a friends side bar and saw Beth and Jess three weeks ago. Whoops there goes my goal of blogging weekly. I have written some really amazing posts in my head though. But you will have to trust me on those.


Last week was May Day at my kids school. It is a great big performance by the whole school each grade does a hula. The kids practice all year long. So much hard work and preparation go into it. And the best part when its over I get to take them home with me.

May Day is one of those times when the major differences are glaringly obvious in my two oldest children. Tessa always tries out to be the one on stage, Braeden tries very hard to blend in. Tessa counts down the days with glowing eyes and endless excitement. Braeden counts down the days with dread and worry. The only thing they have in common is they both did absolutely perfect.




Can you believe that adorable face!!!!!! I can't get over how cute she is.






Tessa also takes a hula class and during class she is always talking and giggling and not really taking it seriously but when this girl gets on stage we are always in shock. Somehow she absorbs it during the practice and saves it for when all eyes are on her. My sweet Braeden went up to her after and said "Tessa I see why they picked you to be on stage. You did SO good." Coming from our Braeden we were all a little shocked and she got a little teary. He is usually the big tough big brother.









How cool are the big 3rd graders with their guitars? Braeden was so cute. This was SERIOUS stuff. You could just see in his head. 1.. 2.. 3 ..4 and 1.. 2.. 3.. 4.








And he finally smiles at me. He was very happy it was finally over!!! Ahhhh now he can relax.










And my random note, My very first post was on May Day last year. Which means I have been blogging for one year. I wasn't sure I would be able to keep up with it. I have loved every minute of it. It has been so great to have a place to remember all these good and not so good times. Little things I totally would have forgotten about. It has made keeping in touch with family and friends so much easier and has been so fun to be able to get back in touch with so many friends and family.







7 comments:

I'm Mindy. said...

I too am glad you have kept blogging! I love to see what your family is up too!!

Tessa looks so natural up there!! And that was very sweet of the big brother to compliment her!

hollyw said...

What cute kids you have....oh I miss you guys. Maybe next year we can come celebrate May Day with you!!! :)

pam said...

Beth! That was the cutest post! I loved the pics and the stories. How SWEET that Braden complimented little Tessa. I love that they (all of you, actually) are experiencing all of this!

pam said...

Oops. I just re-read my comment. I PROMISE I know how to spell BRAEDEN'S name!!!! :)

ClinTeeny said...

I am so glad that you have a blog and I have gotten back in touch with you!! I wish I could sit down and have a real conversation with you. It has been to long since I sat down and talked with you!! Your kids are all so beautiful. I love the pics with Braeden. Good job getting him to smile.

Shylo said...

Such cute pictures, what a very fun thing to be part of-makes awesome memmories.

Nickie said...

I agree with you, I love that we can keep in touch with each other. I still remember when I first found you....ahhh, like it was yesterday.
I love your kids, I know I have never met them, and if I do, it will be years from now, but I love them. I love to read about them, and I love learning from you. You are such a sweet mom, you help me daily with my attitude towards momming. Not that I ever hated it, but sometimes it's hard y'know? Anyway, I love you to pieces!