Tessa waiting to get on the bus.
These men just volunteer out of the kindness of their hearts to show the kids around and spent so much time setting things up for them and preparing lessons and games. They were so informative so kind and so passionate about the reef. They were so great.
They each got a sand turtle that they dropped into the pukas they made and watched to see which way it swam. (backwards, butt first) Tessa's might never be the same after she was done with him. He seemed a little tired when we released him.
Then we went on the reef walk. Tessa was so brave she grabbed everything and was not at all afraid to play with it.
The brittle star. This thing was climbing up Tessa's arm and all over. She loved it but it majorly gave me the creeps. Especially when one of the legs fell off and was wiggling its way around her arm all by itself.
It was a great day. Just look at that happy face.





7 comments:
I didn't know her name was Tessa! I looove that name, we considered it for Aubrey, but then my cousin named her little one Tessa. I was sad.
I love that you get to go the reef on field trips in Hawaii. In Idaho, my children get to go to places like, the Ag fair at the high school (don't be jealous).
By the way, I love what your sweet daughter said to you and I have the perfect response: "You're DAMN right I am!"
Love you!
Dang...what I wouldnt give to go on a field trip like that!! Tessa just experienced what my kids watch on Discovery channel!
I want to go on a field trip like that but without anything losing a leg and wiggling all over. We can't wait to see you!!!!!
I am so jealous that your kids field trip is to a Salt Pond! No fair!
SO CUTE! I love her little face!!! We can't wait to see you guys soon! YAY!!!!!!!!!!
How fun! Your child goes to the beach an plays with turtles. . . mine makes paper turtles in school. It's practically the same thing, right?
What an awesome field trip. So fun you got to go. I love watching how my kids interact on field trips and at school parties. :)
Post a Comment