So along with almost every other woman in the nation I am a Twilight fan but after seeing the melee of devoted and yes somewhat crazed fans this weekend I am not sure if I have the passion to be in that club. Amber, Salynn and I went to the Borders midnight release party on Friday and had a blast. We were secretly as excited as teenagers to go but had to hide it from our three husbands who have mercilessly teased us all from the first suggestion of going. Yes we were very close to being the oldest people there but there were a handful that beat us out. (I think most of those were picking up there teenage daughters) This is us before we left. Withstanding the ridicule for a picture.

We had to get wristbands to stand in line which there were probably about 250 people there which was a large turnout for our small island of Kauai.

We laughed so hard for four and a half hours that my ribs seriously ached the next day. During the trivia questions the girls were so into getting the answers right so they could get stickers there was practically some hyperventilation from some of the girls.

Then there were three girls in front of us not happy with our laughing they were turning to each other discussing our lack of passion and "seriousness" with the event. Every time they said anything we would laugh harder which would make them madder. We thought it was going to be awesome to call our husbands to pick us up at "the station" for pummeling 14 year olds. Especially because Salynn is the high school counselor. But try as we might to be "serious" we just couldn't do it. But the highlight of the evening was the debate over Edward or Jacob when one girl broke down into tears discussing the side for Edward. Oh to be a teenager again.

But I admit I love the books and feel like this one makes them all even better. Yay Stephenie Meyer.

Just had to throw this one in there this is M with her good friend. He is 5 and she is 4 and the other day she says
M: Come on Z and I will read this book to you.
Z: You don't know how to read M
M: Yes I do. I do it silently in my head.
Z: Oh Wow that is really good. I am 5 and I can't yet.
Then they sat there while she "read" to him "silently in her mind". How cute are they?
14 comments:
You gotta love Silly girls. Sounds like you guys had a blast. Isnt the book so amazing! Well worth the wait.
Ha ha I guess I can't make too much fun since I went to Walmart in St. George by myself to get the dang book!! So much hype!! Love the books, can't get enough. I told Kurt I wished it had 2,000 pages!!!
I am just now starting the first book. I am half way done listening to it (I can only do it on the drive to work). I should be done next week and can't wait to start the next one. It looks like you guys had fun!
Hilarious Beth. I haven't picked up a copy yet but intend on reading in the hospital! :) Thanks for making me laugh!
I cant wait to finish the first one so I can start on all the others. Looks like it was a fun night.
So I will admit I woke up at 5:45am on Saturday and was so sad that I din't have the book yet that I woke John up and told him I was going to buy it. Picture me at Walmart at 6:00 in the morning to buy Breaking Dawn...PATHETIC!
I SO wish I could have been there with you!!!! I love it! I haven't started the last book yet and I'm dying to. I wish I could come borrow it from you. Really, I wish that me, Shawn, and Jackson were on our way to visit you guys right now. Who cares about the book???!!! YES, Jackson does miss his favorite Aunty Beth! How could he not???
I still have not read these books! I need to jump on the band wagon, since this is all the girls talk about at school. Anyway, I have a link on my blog that you need to check out. Design by Janece. She is my neighbor and is starting her own business. She has way cute stuff, but in specific, she has these magnets that you'll be interested in. Something about . . .my heart belonging to my husband, but my neck belongs to Edward. Anyway, you'll love them!
I'll admit that I read the books too. I haven't gotten the new one since mostly I don't leave the house these days... but I'm gonna get it. I love the books except I have some concerns about the last one (Jacob vs Edward) and I got sick of Bella talking about Edward's eyes in the first one. Also, whenever she gets reflective - i.e. I can't believe my boyfriend is a vampire and my best friend is a werewolf! yada yada yada. Nevertheless, I read the books in two days or less. What can I say.
Sounds like fun. My sister in law lent me the first book and I plan to read it as soon as my kids are back in school (3 weeks). I figure my baby will nap for an hour while Celtin is in kindergarten so I will have some time to read.
Beth!! I'm so glad you have a blog - your kids are adorable and are so big. I love Hawaii - went to Kauai 4 years ago and LOVED it. It is so beautiful and laid back. I need to go again. It's fun to catch up a little on your life. -Kim
I'm so glad we were never like that as teenage girls. We were so much cooler and really had it together don't you think?
I had to miss the midnight party here, I am too tired and pregnant to go to stuff like that. Plus, with these hormones I probably would have pummeled someone.
Loves!
I would have gone to get the book at midnight but I couldn't find anyone to go with me! But I love the book!
I love your story. Everyone seems to have one about those books. I guess I need to read them. I found your blog linked on Holly's blog,and I found Holly's blog looking for Marquel. I am Jess's mother's cousin (but I am Marquel's age) and I remembered that her birthday is the 20th and decided to google her, but I couldn't remember her last name these days. Anyway, that is the long explanation. I just love seeing what relatives are up to.
Post a Comment