This is their after school picture. They don't seem too harmed do they?
Now on to the jellyfish. On friday we went to the beach for the last time before school started. Well just when A and I were getting out of the water I got stung by a portugese man of war across my knuckles so I look down at my hand and see the blue tentacles when A starts screaming. So I make sure there are no tentacles left on her wash her off and then put her on the shore. Then I run back in and peel the @#&* thing off me. Urine is commonly known to help jellyfish stings so B is brought in to the rescue mission. The only problem is A has been stung over her ENTIRE body. B just did not have enough shi shi to help us out. So she is FREAKING out screaming in pain my brain is going numb with pain and every person on the beach is yelling out there quick fix home remedies for jellyfish stings. We finally get all our beach toys cleaned up thanks to our friends there with us and rush home. A is in so much pain and just crying and yelling OWWWIEEE. I am feeling this intense pain from my knuckles up my arm and into my chest so I am thoroughly convinced that I will soon be going into cardiac arrest. We get home and A is shaking and swollen and a vivid color of red and blue. This is when we thank the heavens that we live across the street from a lifeguard who is married to an ER nurse. They took care of us and even ran down to the store and bought some childrens benadryl for A. After she was all better and the vinegar had taken the sting out I looked down at my own injury and realized the stupid thing had wrapped its tentacles all the way up my arm and across my chest. Thus the cardiac arrest. Whewww. I guess I will make it to see tomorrow.

Don't let the size fool you.





14 comments:
Wow! Quite the trauma. I would have passed out from the scream I would have been letting out. Seemed like you stayed pretty calm. Hope you guys are doing better. Her little legs look so sore! Cute cute pictures of the first day of school. Kurt and I still can't believe how old they are getting!
Oh my gosh that thing is huge@ i am glad you are all okay now. Tessa and brayden look so grown up in the picture. Hope you are all feeling better.
Oh my goodness...That is some story. The adrenaline that a mother feels when her child is in pain is so intense! Glad you guys are ok. I love how B reassures you that you are getting better at the school thing. That is classic!
I would have been freaking out at the whole jelly fish thing. I am glad you didn't go into cardiac arrest.
Glad your kids had a great day at school.
Glad the kids have good teachers. I can't stand looking at the pictures of A. I'm glad you guys are Ok now. love ya
Holy crap! Sorry to hear about your traumatic experience.. glad everything turned out ok.
I was just thinking how darn lucky you were to live in beautiful hawaii, then I hear that you were stung by a giant jelly fish, and I remember why I live in good old landlocked Utah. No jelly fish here!
Just teasing. To be able to live in such a beautiful place must be so amazing. I'd love to live right next to the beach, however, I might never leave the beach.
Poor baby! I'm so glad everything turned out okay, I would have freaked out. Jellyfish are so gross.
I know how you feel about the back to school thing. I cannot believe Kermit only has a couple weeks left.
We live right across the street from the school, so I can just go peek in the window if I want, but that would be kind of weird huh.
Love you!
Those pics of A are soooo sad. Poor little thing. And poor you too. OUCH. I love that Braden would shi-shi all over if he could have!!!
Hi Beth! This is Marci from high school. It made me smile when I found your blog. Your kids are so cute! I can't believe you guys are such world travelers, I am totally jealous that you live "on the rock!" Though jellyfish would definitely freak me out. I have a blog too, but it's private. If you email me at mlskyline333@yahoo.com I will send you an invite.
Beth your kids are so cute and I love how your daughter looks just like you!
I can't believe the jelly fish story. Joey & I have been to hawaii so many times yet I never have seen one and now I am afraid to get in the water - where were you swimming at?
Sounds like you kept your cool...I would have lost it. Sad pictures but she is a tough cookie and will have a fun story to tell when she is older.
You poor girls!! The dangers of living in Hawaii.. the most traumatic thing I see around here are the monster size beetles that live outside in the flowerbeds. Anyway, you are such a good mom. I hope that I will be as fun as you and love the summer vacations as much as you. Your kids are lucky!!
Your oldest girl looks just like you - they are all so cute.
Post a Comment