Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sweet Meah is Seven


I know that I always talk about how sweet Meah is so here is a good story to prove I am not biased. Last week our little Addi had a traumatic day with one of her friends and was so sad. The first thing she asked me is "can we go get Meah now? I need to tell her. " We picked up Meah after school and I said "Meah Addi needs you" Meah went straight for Addi and just grabbed her up in a big hug and just held her. Then Addi starts telling her all the details while Meah just listens and says "Oh you poor thing. How sad for you. I LOVE you lots Addi" Jess and I always talk about when all our kids are adults they are ALL going to be calling up Meah for sympathy for all their life's problems.




Meah is very very emotional. She cries A LOT. Happy, sad, excited, whatever she will be in tears. This makes Jess very nervous for the teenage years. She loves clothes. She has piles and piles but it is never enough. At only seven that is pretty much all she wanted for Christmas. She changes a million times a day. And she has quite a knack for what looks good together. She still loves her fruit, veggies, and processed meat. She spends most of her spare time in the yard gathering flowers, collecting rocks and catching moths. yes moths. And even tried to bring one to bed with her that she was trying to nurse back to health. We couldn't break it to her that it was past the point of coming back. But she did finally consent to let it sleep outside. She has become such an amazing reader. She went from a level 11 last quarter to a 23 this quarter in her reading program. Her teacher was telling her she couldn't believe it and said "your mom must be working with you" and Meah tells her "Nope I just really LOVE The Cat in the Hat."


Jess and I are so grateful for each of our children and what they bring to our family. We talk every day about how blessed our lives are that we have someone so unbelievably loving and sweet as Meah is. Happy Birthday to our tall skinny little pixie. We love you so much.

2 comments:

hollyw said...

Happy Birthday Meah! You are GORGEOUS!

pam said...

Happy Birthday, Meah-girl!! I love that picture of her. And I agree. She is sooooooooooooooooo incredibly sweet. I love that story about her helping Addi. The cute thing is that she gets it all from YOU! I could totally hear YOU saying all of those things too. :) How sweet is she that she wanted to take a moth to bed? Man, I swear we were never that sweet growing up! You guys are so lucky to have her!