Sunday, September 7, 2008

Pioneer Round-Up

Saturday after soccer and a birthday party we went to our ward's Pioneer Round-Up. One of the member's of the bishopric has a ranch here and does cattle roping. So we went up to his place and had a great party. There was tons of games for the kids. They had steer roping with little plastic cows, shooting games with little cork guns, the Aloha jump (potato sack races), ok that was getting boring I could go on and on. Anyway plus lots of yummy food. There was such a great turnout and the kids had SO much fun.


This is A with her slimy messy doughnut. There was a whole table of desserts that were far less messy but she HAD to have this one. Of course she gets her way. All the kids also had candy bars, home made ice cream cones, cookies, doughnuts, gum, and candy. Yes they are spoiled rotten.

A on the plastic cow. I love her face. I had tons of pictures of her because we got there and all the other kids disappeared with there friends.


B in the Aloha sack race. He is the one just about to fall down. He had such a good time. He almost won because he started cheating and running in the sack.
Napella and A. She has issues with other children touching her. But it is a total double standard because she is always grabbing them. Today after Sunday dinner we were leaving and she walked right up to Napella gave him a hug goodbye then grabbed his chin and planted a big wet one on him.

They all took a turn riding the horses.
M and Kekai
A had so much fun on the horses we just couldn't get her off. HA HA HA HA
T and Kaylia
B and Auntie Sheryl. Yes this is a fabulous picture but I couldn't leave him out.
This is an action shot of B trying to catch the greased pig. He had so much fun but I have to admit I wanted to catch the little pig and set him free. It was killing me to watch. But he is safe and sound now.
We had a great time and we came home with some filthy, happy, tired kids. It was a blast.
I have to put this picture of A in here. She obviously took it of herself and the scary thing is I have no idea when she did it. Don't you just want to eat her she is so dang cute?

9 comments:

Ty Pearson said...

Wow, Jess, what a memory you have! I think they were playing Little Shop of Horrors on the big screen at the Green Valley lobby. I'd completely forgotten that trip until you posted the comment on our family blog.

Some of my most vivid memories are watching your cat bite the head off of a live mouse, your dad tying scout knots in my shoelaces while holding me down, and rocking out to "If You're Gonna Play in Texas, You Gotta Have a Fiddle in the Band" on our way up to a rodeo :)

I'm Mindy. said...

She really is so cute...and I have to say...I am impressed with her photography skills. (starting so young).

Looks like so much fun!! Wish our ward would do something like that...(oh yeah, I am on the activities commitee...no more to blame but myself.)

Kara said...

How fun! I love in Hawaii how everyone is just family. Our bishop was always doing fun stuff with our college ward! Love the picture she took of herself, she's so cute! I know I say this every time but I can't believe how big they are all getting and they are all so dang cute!!

Tukuafu's said...

Looks like your cute family had fun.. I love to look at the expression on your little one's face.. she is your twin!

SETHER+ONE said...

Could your girls have any prettier hair by the way? I don't think so. They are blessed. I want to move to Hawaii.

Shylo said...

What a fun ward activity. Your kids looked like they loved every minute of it!

hollyw said...

What a fun time! All of your kids are so cute, and I loved the picture of B getting ready to catch the pig. You can see the excitement in his eyes! Take Care!

Nickie said...

I have to agree with you on the picture of A. Toddlers should be dipped in chocolate and sold, they are so delicious.
I would have felt the same way about the pig, we have pig sympathies-we're so nice. It looks like they had a great time, I love it when there's stuff like that for the kidlets. B is one handsome guy, and then there's your girls, you are all beautiful, you're going to have your hands full when those guys are teenagers. Tell your hubby to get a good shotgun!
I love hearing from you and seeing your family!
Loves!

The Jensens said...

She is an absolute doll! I heard the good news! That is exciting! We are so happy for you guys!